The Full-Time collective agreement applies to:
- Regular full-time positions
- Appendix D (temporary employees) - Temporarily replacing a full-time employee on leave from their position.
- Initiatives/Opportunities positions - Full-time contract positions that have established termination dates and don't exceed 24 months in length.
The Part-Time collective agreement applies to:
- Regular Part-Time employees - Continuous part-time positions with no end dates and regularly scheduled hours weekly. Some may work less than 12 months of the year.
- Casual employees - Work on-call or do not have regularly scheduled weekly hours.
- Temporary employees - Temporarily replacing a Regular Part-Time employee on leave for no more than nine months.
- Student employees - Any student working in a position only available to current college students, such as CSEP and co-op positions.
- Projects of non-recurring kind (PNRK) - Contract positions for non-recurring projects that don't exceed twelve months.