When your regular work hours are scheduled past 5 pm, you are entitled to a Shift Premium payment. This may affect employees that work on rotating schedules, casual schedules, or schedules that change to follow the semester cycle.
- Additional $0.75 for regular hours worked between 5 pm and midnight
- Additional $1.00 for regular hours worked between midnight and 6 am
If more than 50% of your hours fall from midnight to 6 am, the higher premium will be paid for all hours worked.
Note: Full-time workers on compressed workweek schedules
Shift premiums are not paid if more than 50% of your hours are worked before 5 pm.
How do I claim shift premium payments?
- Download the full-time or part-time shift premium form from MyMohawk (new window)
- Fill out the form and submit it to your manager or supervisor
For questions about shift premium payments or your paycheque, contact Payroll Services.
Which collective agreement articles cover shift premiums?
- Full-time collective agreement: Article 7.5
- For compressed workweek employees, see also: Article 6.1.5
- Part-time collective agreement: Article 10.3