The officers and stewards of Local 241 are volunteers who are here to
- Help you navigate life in a unionized workplace
- Help you understand our Collective Agreements, their entitlements, and the tools they give us.
- Work together with the College to address workplace concerns and improve working conditions.
- Represent and support you in the grievance process
- Run membership meetings (minimum two times per year) where members discuss and vote on important matters like our budget, bylaws, local operations, elect local officers, and more
- Direct you to other non-union tools and resources as needed
OPSEU is the Ontario Public Service Employees Union and has existed since 1975. The union started as the Civil Service Association of Ontario in 1911.
OPSEU is the largest public-sector union in Ontario and represents more than 165,000 workers in many different sectors, including college faculty and support staff, university employees, paramedics, provincial government ministries, courts, corrections, social services, health care, municipal services, the LCBO, and more.
What’s our division within OPSEU?
All support staff at the 24 Ontario colleges are part of the Colleges of Applied Arts & Technology - Support division (CAAT-S).