Local 241 is operated entirely by volunteers!
Small actions make a difference
Knowing your rights and building power in numbers has big impacts.
- Discuss the union with your coworkers and encourage them to sign their membership cards.
- Get a copy of your collective agreement and get to know the basics. Contact us if you have questions.
Attend OPSEU events and training
OPSEU offers educational courses, conferences, and workshops for members. Expenses for attending OPSEU functions are reimbursed to you, including travel, meal allowances, child care, and accommodations.
Volunteer as a Steward
Any member of the local can volunteer to become a steward. Having a steward in each area of the workplace is extremely valuable!
- Stewards help provide guidance and information to members in their areas
- They help our local gain a better understanding of our unique workin conditions
- They can run for election to be a local officer and gain experience in different roles
Stewards and officers meet monthly at the Local Executive Committee meeting to hear updates, discuss ongoing business and highlight concerns that may need our attention.
Contact us if you're considering becoming a steward and would like to know more!